Wednesday, January 30, 2013

And so it begins

Those closest to me know I have been trying to start this blog for some time now, out of a need to write again, to stretch my creative muscle, and as a free forum for working out some of my bigger thoughts and meanderings.

I *do* social media-- I'm on Facebook and Twitter and various professional social networks too, bulletin boards and the like, but none of those frameworks are quite expansive enough. I needed a bigger canvas.

And like a creature of this decade, I tried to crowdsource the title of my blog via Facebook. I have some amazingly creative friends and family who had great suggestions--but then, the title Moves Like That came to me, and stuck. I think this blog will be about movement-- physical, personal, spiritual, professional. It will be about running, yes. It will also be about parenting, and cooking, and growing, and learning, and grieving and loving and standing up for what you believe in. It will be about making the right moves, being part of a movement, moving your heart, your feet, and your state of mind. Small moves and big moves. All of it.

And so it begins.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you finally did it. Im looking forward to see what you do here.

    ReplyDelete